Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wordless/ful Wednesday



What Musical Instrument Am I?



Answer to Last Wordless/ful Wednesday: Contrabass Trombone

The trombone has been around since the 18th century and was originally called a sackbut (no kidding)! To play the trombone a player will buzz their lips and blow air through the mouthpiece while moving the slide. The contrabass trombone is the largest trombone in the trombone family and is a brass instrument. The contrabass trombone is similar to the the tenor trombone except a contrabass trombone plays lower and is larger than than a tenor trombone. The contrabass trombone is played in classical and jazz music. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trombone



11 comments:

Jeanne said...

Munchkins,

I wanted to pop in and thank you for your supportive comments on Jannie's blog post about endometriosis! I really appreciate your support!

Anyone wishing to create awareness about endo can sign.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/endometriosis-awareness-understanding/signatures.html

Thank you!!

Jeanne

P.S. My daughter LOVES piano! :)

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm glad to hear it's a type of trombone. I was thinking that if it wasn't I'd have to go flush my head down the toilet b/c I'm so clueless. :)

Lance said...

Hey, I have a trombone -- maybe I should get it out and play (actually my kids do get it out and play occasionally)... it's been a long time for me!

Cascia Talbert said...

You have a very nice blog. I am a mother and musician too. I love putting the two together. I play the flute and was a music major in college, although I haven't done much with it since then. I love your blog. Happy WW!

Jannie Funster said...

I was all set to say it reminded me of one of those washtub basses. Well, at least it is some sort of a bass.

mormonhermitmom said...

Well, let's see, you hit it on the ground to get the bell to ring, and you pluck the string like a washtub base, but I have no idea what it's called.

Kaci said...

Fishing pole? :)

Genny said...

Just popping by to say thanks for your encouraging comment! I truly apprecaite it.

Mandy said...

I have no idea! :-)

Lyndsie Miles said...

I love listening to the clips you have. They always make me happy... and less frumpy. =)

carrhop said...

I was gonna say homemade fishing rod, but then that wouldn't be in keeping with the whole music theme....hmmmmmm.....

Blessings!