Thursday, November 6, 2008

Anchorage Symphony Halloween Concert Review

If you are looking for a way to introduce classical music to your kids, going to the Anchorage Symphony Halloween Concert is a great way to do it! This year’s concert had an entertaining cast and a funny story line about trying to find the right style of music to wake the sleeping dragon.
The symphony played many different styles of music including pieces by Aaron Copland and Benny Goodman. There was even a vocal quintet that sung the 12 days of Halloween and 5 little pumpkins which my little guy loved! The concert was about 1 ½ hours long and had 4 floors of trick-or-treating for the kids after the concert. I would highly recommend this concert for families of all ages.

(Anchorage Symphony)




6 comments:

Leah said...

wow, that sounds great.

My eldest, Emily, LOVES classical music. I played it a ton against my belly when I was pregnant with her; it's my only explanation. She requests it in the car all the time, and LOVES ballet because, "did you know? ballerinas dance to classical music?" LOL

Jannie Funster said...

Gosh-darn, why do I live so far from Anchorage??

This post has made me want to go and find my classical CDS, I switched cars and my current one's CD player is broken so I stashed all our CDs in a box soemwhere. Now where?

love my Back and Handel! Water Music, neve ever get tired of it.

Anonymous said...

Have a fantastic weekend!

mormonhermitmom said...

A symphony AND trick or treating? That sounds so cool!

Salute said...

Have a blessed weekend.

Michelle Alley said...

What a fun evening - those kids were really doing great -thanks for sharing!